Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Unstable
195 Posts
MB1 said:
This is pretty much how it goes.
'Winter' is settling in just fine. Nice shots MB1, per usual. Quick ?, is that a NR Evolution Plus (or smart??)? I bought a NR Classic Select and find it to be ok. Sometimes, I wish I had a single beam on both bike and head as opposed to the 10/15/10+15 on the bar with the Select. Discuss.

Currently, I am looking at TurboCat and NR halogen, like the Evolution Plus. I know, once you have had HID, you'll never go back....but at $100 or so for bulbs, I think I will wait.

Sorry for the minor hijack/de-rail.

Cheers!

P.S.-what are the average temps this time of year out on the right coast? I suppose I could google, it is just more fun to discuss :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course that last mile ain't so great but I can hardly complain considering how sweet the rest of the commute is.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is pretty much my standard dry weather winter morning commute. Tomorrow I'll post the evening commute (which is usually a lot more involved).

As you can see, work does have its rewards.:cool:

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,037 Posts
What is that phenomenon, that which has all the leaves on the ground, rather than their respective trees? Growing up in Southern California, I can't say I've seen such odd behavior. Strangeness.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Niterider Digital Evolution-it is only ok.

Meat Foot said:
.......P.S.-what are the average temps this time of year out on the right coast? I suppose I could google, it is just more fun to discuss :)
The thing throws enough light and I like the blink function but the run time isn't long enough for our normal evening activities so I have to carry an extra battery.

I just bought Miss M a Light & Motion and it is so very much better than any Niterider it is almost a joke. If you are going to upgrade your lighting don't waste your $$$, get the Light & Motion. (Wait till you see the photos I am going to post tonight of our night commute and you will be able to see how much better the L&M lights are).

DC is in the Mid-Atlantic so we get all kinds of weather all year long-the area is a weather mess. It had been really cold in late October and most of November but since Thanksgiving it has been quite warm. Things are going to change very soon.

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
MB1, how'd you fare going over that squiggly looking grate? You've got one hand close to the stem and other holding a camera - that pic makes me nervous just looking at it.

Great pix - thanks for sharing.

·
Unstable
195 Posts
MB1 said:
I just bought Miss M a Light & Motion and it is so very much better than any Niterider it is almost a joke. If you are going to upgrade your lighting don't waste your $$$, get the Light & Motion. (Wait till you see the photos I am going to post tonight of our night commute and you will be able to see how much better the L&M lights are).

DC is in the Mid-Atlantic so we get all kinds of weather all year long-the area is a weather mess. It had been really cold in late October and most of November but since Thanksgiving it has been quite warm. Things are going to change very soon.
Thanks for the info. Is the L&M a halogen platform? Nice weather, eh? Mixed bag. I look forward to photos of the night shots.

This time of year, I just pack it all. This week, I left the shorts at home because it was cool enough to warrant long undies.

Cheers!

·
Non non normal
10,103 Posts
Great quote. Is that on your building? Cause it would make sense if it was on your building.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That one sucks allright.

nonsleepingjon said:
MB1, how'd you fare going over that squiggly looking grate? You've got one hand close to the stem and other holding a camera - that pic makes me nervous just looking at it.

Great pix - thanks for sharing.
Normally I go around it but traffic was pretty heavy so I just bumped my way over it. If it is raining I give that thing a wide berth.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigrider said:
Great quote. Is that on your building? Cause it would make sense if it was on your building.
It is on an inverted cross on the property. I think it is part of the Red Cross nurses creed from the First World War. Fairly interesting stuff.....I could use a short walk, I'll go check it out right now!

http://www.redcross.org/services/nursing/0,1082,0_389_,00.html

Note: It is part of the Nurse's creed allright but it is from the '50's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts