Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course that last mile ain't so great but I can hardly complain considering how sweet the rest of the commute is.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is pretty much my standard dry weather winter morning commute. Tomorrow I'll post the evening commute (which is usually a lot more involved).

As you can see, work does have its rewards.:cool:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Niterider Digital Evolution-it is only ok.

Meat Foot said:
.......P.S.-what are the average temps this time of year out on the right coast? I suppose I could google, it is just more fun to discuss :)
The thing throws enough light and I like the blink function but the run time isn't long enough for our normal evening activities so I have to carry an extra battery.

I just bought Miss M a Light & Motion and it is so very much better than any Niterider it is almost a joke. If you are going to upgrade your lighting don't waste your $$$, get the Light & Motion. (Wait till you see the photos I am going to post tonight of our night commute and you will be able to see how much better the L&M lights are).

DC is in the Mid-Atlantic so we get all kinds of weather all year long-the area is a weather mess. It had been really cold in late October and most of November but since Thanksgiving it has been quite warm. Things are going to change very soon.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That one sucks allright.

nonsleepingjon said:
MB1, how'd you fare going over that squiggly looking grate? You've got one hand close to the stem and other holding a camera - that pic makes me nervous just looking at it.

Great pix - thanks for sharing.
Normally I go around it but traffic was pretty heavy so I just bumped my way over it. If it is raining I give that thing a wide berth.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigrider said:
Great quote. Is that on your building? Cause it would make sense if it was on your building.
It is on an inverted cross on the property. I think it is part of the Red Cross nurses creed from the First World War. Fairly interesting stuff.....I could use a short walk, I'll go check it out right now!

http://www.redcross.org/services/nursing/0,1082,0_389_,00.html

Note: It is part of the Nurse's creed allright but it is from the '50's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts