Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is of course a companion piece to my morning commute report.

With breakfast long past I knew that I needed a good lunch to survive what Miss M has been having us do in the evening lately. As luck would have it a few friends from work were in the mood to take advantage of the wonderful weather we have been having so we took a walk to a great deli and back.

On the way there and back we passed by this big ol' house........

Rumor has it that a former occupant of the big ol' house used to send a SS Agent over to the deli to pick him up a late night snack.

Darn good deli.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course it is dark by the time we get out of work. Not a problem; I'm lit up like a christmas tree and Miss M is if anything even brighter.

I am only in traffic for a couple of short stretches before I cut across the mall.

I got to admit that the views of the monuments never get old.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then it is a short ride along the Tidal Basin to the George Mason Memorial where I hang out for a while waiting for Miss M to show up. In the summer I will usually read the paper while waiting, this time of the year it is a bit too dark for that so I just play with the camera instead.

This evening as often happens a friend of ours stopped by for a chat (not always the same person as a lot of our friends commute by bike and know our routine fairly well). Always good to see old friends.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then it was finally time to head home but not before playing that popular game, "Chase Miss M all around town" for 20 or 30 miles.

I don't know exactly what she is up to (yes, I know we are married and all but sometimes it is hard to get a straight answer out of her and in fact I don't really mind one bit) but ever since daylight savings time ended and the MUTs emptied out Miss M is determined to get big miles in after work.

Is she just trying to make sure she gets in her 20,000 miles this year? Is it because she really wants us to be in great shape for our Florida trip? Or is it just because she likes to ride.

Who knows, I just go along for the ride. :thumbsup:

BTW I want to point out how bright her Light & Motion headlight is in all these pictures, you can't even see my Nightrider beam but her beam lights up the trail wide and deep.

I'm jealous. Maybe she will get one for me this Christmas!

·
Unstable
195 Posts
MB1 said:
BTW I want to point out how bright her Light & Motion headlight is in all these pictures, you can't even see my Nightrider beam but her beam lights up the trail wide and deep.
Nice! Perhaps I should suck it up and get the L&M after I return the NR Classic Select. I feel so violated. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.