Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try a few different bike events. what websites have good schedules of event? also I am part of Reston Bike Club and Potomac pedalers....any other fast group rides to consider?

thre is some event in Arlington this AM whick looks to have a 3.5 hr ride....I would really enjoy a 3-4 hour race.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am going to try a few different bike events. what websites have good schedules of event? also I am part of Reston Bike Club and Potomac pedalers....any other fast group rides to consider?

thre is some event in Arlington this AM whick looks to have a 3.5 hr ride....I would really enjoy a 3-4 hour race.
The event is called the Air Force Cycling Association challenge, and it's what I'd call a timed ride over an 9 mile loop. One lap within the 3hr and 20 min time limit gets you the bronze; six gets you the gold -- some folks got seven laps in; dunno if anyone got eight. There were 1500 riders or so, and it was a blast. Some technical turns, so you did have to slow down, but it was really reasonable ($45). Plus a pro race and a kids bike race.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had found out about that a while back. That would have been just my type of ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.