Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leuven - Overijse
200km

The 53rd edition of De Brabanstse Pijl will launch this wednesday and will be headlined by defending 2012 champ Thomas Voeckler (Europcar) and 2011 champ Pillippe Gilbert (BMC). They will have enough to look to as they will share the roads with Thomas De Gendt and Peter Sagan. I suspect one of the latter will win this race.

I have two scenarios, one which I'll just call the "High Probability Scenario" has The Tourminator wheelsucking Gilbert to the end and then pipping the World Champion at the line, the other which I refer to as "The WAG Scenario" has Thomas De Gendt taking a flyer and winning before Sagan, Gilbert and Voeckler can catch him. Either way, I suspect one of the younger lions will score a bullseye while the veterans miss the target.

Startlist:

De Brabantse Pijl - La Flche Brabanonne 2013 : Leuven - Overijse - CyclingFever - The International Cycling Social Network - Get the Cycling fever!

Race Information and Press:

Albums | Media | Elite Heren | De Brabantse Pijl

Course Profile:

Course Map:

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Results

1. 17:24:13 CEST
Gilbert opens the sprint.
2. 17:25:12 CEST
Sagan quickly gets into his slipstream and comes through in the final 50 meters.
Gilbert went early thinking that Sagan was tired after doing all the chasing in the last 2km but the Cannondale rider had just about enough to come through and take the win.

Here’s your Top Ten:
1) Peter Sagan (Cannondale)
2) Philippe Gilbert (BMC)
3) Björn Leukemans (Vacansoleil-DCM)
4) Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-Quick Step)
5) Simon Geschke (Argos-Shimano)
6) Greg Van Avermaet (BMC)
7) Davide Malacarne (Europcar)
8) Stijn Devolder (RadioShack Leopard Trek)
9) Paul Voss (NetApp-Endura)
10) Kenny Dehaes (Lotto Belisol)

So Peter Sagan pips World Champion Phillippe Gilbert in the last 50 metres to take the win of the 2013 Edition of De Brabantse Pijl - La Flèche Brabançonne.

De Brabantse Pijl - La Flèche Brabançonne Results | Cyclingnews.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.