Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the new 2009 lineup being unveiled for De Rosa in July? The new colour choices for the King 3 are rumoured to be nice. Will they unveil a version of the new 703 gram De Rosa Berserker that was demo'd in the recent Giro by several riders?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Lundquist77 said:
Does anyone know anything about the new 2009 lineup being unveiled for De Rosa in July? The new colour choices for the King 3 are rumoured to be nice. Will they unveil a version of the new 703 gram De Rosa Berserker that was demo'd in the recent Giro by several riders?
The 'berserker' you mention was that the King 3 black version that Danilo Di Luca was riding? I reckon there may be a UD lighter version of the Idol as ridden and won on, by Gazelli in last years Giro. The only news for sure I know is that the Merak goes into it's sixth year of production without change (apart from colours I presume) Is that a record for a De Rosa model?:eek:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
NEW De ROSA NeoPro debut

De Rosa will be announcing and displaying their new 2009 line up in Italy on July 7. The new model called the NeoPro is said to be something in between the King 3 and the Idol. No mention of the aforementioned "super race" bike ------the Berserker though. I think the Berserker is a much "cooler" name than the NeoPro.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
So whats the Berserker then? I haven't watched all the Giro yet so all I saw was Danilo's black King 3. What does the 'Berserker' look like and at the risk of sounding dumb, is that a made up name?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
MERAKMAN said:
The only news for sure I know is that the Merak goes into it's sixth year of production without change (apart from colours I presume) Is that a record for a De Rosa model?:eek:
Corum and Titanio XS are unchanged for longer than new Merak is there. Also if we don't count extending seat tube as new frame, then current Team is older than current Merak.
:D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
smokva said:
Corum and Titanio XS are unchanged for longer than new Merak is there. Also if we don't count extending seat tube as new frame, then current Team is older than current Merak.
:D
That's true, but I think the Merak's got to be the longest running alloy frame that De Rosa has done. The Corum and Titanio shouldn't be changed in my opinion, they are too flippin' sexy to change... :)

btw you may not have realised but the new Team is very different to the old, with tubing similar to the Macro, large and round top and down tubes with massive chain stays. It really is nothing like the older Team.:thumbsup:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
MERAKMAN said:
btw you may not have realised but the new Team is very different to the old, with tubing similar to the Macro, large and round top and down tubes with massive chain stays. It really is nothing like the older Team.:thumbsup:
Hmm....you are right...I didn't notice new Team has different tubes compared to original Team. That would really make Merak the oldest aliminium frame.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Lundquist77 said:
Norwegian television Giro covrage had a 45 second blurb on the De Rosa bicycle Golcer was riding. The commentator said it was 703 grams. The bicycle had a Berserker UD logo on it.
Thanks, what did it look like? Did it look anything like the King3 at all?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top