Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Does anyone know the corrent value of a De Rosa 35 aniv. bike in excellent condition with Shimano 600 gear all around? Thanks.
Rob.

To my knowledge, 35* Anniversario was sold only as a complete bicycle featuring a full Campagnolo Record-C Delta gruppo with special pantographed Delta caliper covers & "Ugo" signature stem.It would be nearly impossible to bring the bike back to it's original "as-sold" state. IMO, the bike would be less desireable as a complete Shimano 600 equipped bike than as a frameset alone.Exactly what kind of money it would bring is uncertain to me since the frames are rarities regardless. If the paint condition is exceptional and original, to my mind, I could potentially see the right person (ie- someone that is more interested in the bike itself than it's "correctness" ) paying as much as $1200-$1500 or thereabouts for the frame & fork.If presented at auction as a complete Shimano 600 equipped bike, I'd expect you to receive less interest and more likely get lowball, dirtbag offers in the neighborhood of $800 up to $1100,tops. Note- If the bike was ever repainted, to the collector it's effectively been mutilated and it's value plummets to the same as any similar vintage & condition repainted DeRosa SLX.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting...

I have a friend who is looking to sell one of these frames. It has been used, and raced, but is still in decent condition. Anyone know how many of these frames were made? I think he has #19 based on the BB shell stamp.

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
Does anyone know the corrent value of a De Rosa 35 aniv. bike in excellent condition with Shimano 600 gear all around? Thanks.
Rob.
As has already been stated, The 35th anniversary frames were only sold as complete bikes built up exclusively with Italian componentry. At the time, Ugo was very adamant about not allowing any anniversary bike leave the factory with anything but Italian components. There were approximately 350 bikes sold worldwide. You can see where teh bike was originally sold by the serial number. The serial number should be stamped 35°/followed by a three digit numer. A little lower, you will see an initial that indicates the country of initial sale. A is for USA, B is for Belgium, C is for Switzerland (I believe), D is for Germany, E is for Spain, F is for France, G is for Japan (I believe), I is for Italy... and so on.

There was also a 'signature' version that predated the anniversary bike by one year that has the same down tube and seat tube graphics, but without the big rose on the head tube. Some of the bikes came with century finish c-record components but most came with 'regular' c-record.

I believe the frame and fork would sell better alone than fitted with Shimano. This is one of those odd occasions where a full bike is worth less than a frame/fork alone. The hardest parts to find for teh bike are the pantographed brakes and stem. The rest was commonly available components. I have a photocopy of the original brochure for the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
De Rosa

Hi there,

Thanks for your comments and insight about the bike. I keep learning more and more about it every day. I've never seen any original literature for this bike, as I inherited it from my cousin. Could you possibly email the copy of the brochure you have? Thanks so much.
Rob :)

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for your comments and insight about the bike. I keep learning more and more about it every day. I've never seen any original literature for this bike, as I inherited it from my cousin. Could you possibly email the copy of the brochure you have? Thanks so much.
Rob :)
Send me a private message with your email address and I should be able to send you a copy of the brochure.

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
Could you possibly email the copy of the brochure you have?
some crappy scans of the relevant pages but you'll get the idea. enjoy :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts