Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics of my mid 90's De Rosa built up with Campagnolo Chorus 10 speed (except chainset which is Centaur, Campagnolo never made a silver square taper compact chainset in Chorus or above).
The Wheels are de-badged Mavic cxp33's.
Unfortunately the top tube cable run is blocked so I've had to attach the outer brake cable to the top tube with zip ties. Will hopefully get things fixed when I get it resprayed.
Very nice riding frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
+1, if that helps tip the scale to not redoing the paint, which is always a difficult decision on such a beautiful bike.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great looking, classic, bike. I vote no on new paint even though you did not ask. They are only original once. That is pretty nice looking for its age.

Bonus points for panto stem!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
That IS a nice looking bike! I think the paint looks pretty nice but obviously it's up to you whether or not to change it. I have a 94 Nuovo Classico that has over 60,000 miles on it. I've had it painted a couple of times because it got so much use. I don't care about it as a classic show piece. I still ride it about once per week. It's a great bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts