Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Does anyone have any info on a De Rosa "Replica 73" manufactured in the Mid-90s? I have one that I am getting ready to post on Ebay and I can't find much about the frame online. Thanks.

G

·
sneyer said:
Hey. Does anyone have any info on a De Rosa "Replica 73" manufactured in the Mid-90s? I have one that I am getting ready to post on Ebay and I can't find much about the frame online. Thanks.
They were built in the Italian facility. They were built in 1991 and are made of SLX steel, lugged and a include the SLX fork blades.

Rear dropouts are spaced at 130 mm. Traditional De Rosa geometry.

What else do you want to know?

G

·
sneyer said:
Thanks. Do you know how rare they are? I've never really seen another like it.
I believe there were about 200 or 250 of them made.

I should have also mentioned that they have the Diamante chain stays which are highly prized in De Rosas.

Is your Molteni Orange?

· Registered
2,651 Posts
FWIW, most of the De Rosa Professionals from the 80's have the 'Diamente' stays.

Even the Primato's and Neo Primato's had Diamente stays, at least in some years, so did their predecessor (De Rosa EL?).

I believe the new (2008) Neo Primato's have Diamente stays,and they've gone back to the traditional flat, steel crowned fork., so I've heard.

My 1987ish De Rosa has Diamente stays, flat fork crown, and is a fantastic ride.

Caterham gave some good info and catalog scans on some of the 80's De Rosa's in this thread:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=96526

G

·
sneyer said:
I've listed the frame and fork on Ebay. Here is the link. Let me know what you think. I have other pictures also if these aren't enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/De-Rosa-SLX-Replica-73-Frameset-Molteni-56cm_W0QQitemZ140247598301QQihZ004QQcategoryZ98084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I thought I had made it clear that I would buy from you, sparing you the eBay route.

I guess you have other plans.

Too Bad.

PS - I see you don't want me to bid anyway - "US Bidders only" ....................

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I never heard back from you after I sent the pictures, and to be honest, I'm not sure what it's worth, so I figured I'd post it. Besides, no man should own two of a bike that pretty!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.