Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so when finally overhalling the headset on my '80 Lotus Eclair after.....(have I ever been in there) I broke the wire in my computer pickup. OK so what do I do now? I could move another pickup from a different bike. I could just solder it *again* OR should I just FiretrUCK it and ride with out it?

See I'm kinda anal about the revoltions, but it is just the town bike. OK OK here is a link to some photos http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~jconroy/Lotus.html . I use this for my 5 mile commute. It was great on the flood review, yeah OK look here http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~jconroy/Flood06/BingFlood.html . Help my Sigma is old and just what I like. Maybe I should just ride the thing at 40x17 ain't going nowhere fast (good thing where I ride it!)

Yeah I'll just get somebody at work who solders better than me to attach that itty bitty wire.

Please send the SUN!

Thanks

OH YEAH Have a GREAT weekend!

Bluesref

·
Registered
105 Posts
i duno about siddering it.. imo, there is an easier and better way.. they have these little tubes you stick a wire in each side and crimp it. Thats what i would use.. just strip about 1/4 an inch and stick both sides in, crimp, and if you want to protect against water you could use a touch of epoxey or electrical tape or something but i think it would be fine without it

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Don't fix it, don't replace it - at least not yet. Go "bare bars" for a few weeks and I seriously doubt you'll miss it. Once I stopped quantifying my rides by mileage and average speed, cycling got a whole lot more fun.

·
Registered
118 Posts
BianchiJoe is Right

I've adopted the bare bars phiosophy on my fixed as well.

It also gives you something to do--if I want to know my speed, I'll count revolutions per minute, multiply by wheel diameter times PI divided by XXXXXx cm/mile -- it's lots of math fun!:mad2:

But seriously, if it's a town bike, why do you care what your speed is?

·
hello
3,395 Posts
Kalukis said:
I've adopted the bare bars phiosophy on my fixed as well.

But seriously, if it's a town bike, why do you care what your speed is?
I agree. I have three fixies that are bare bared. But my Steamroller is wired (actually wireless) because that is the bike I generally like to use for long distances, including the 200 mile Grand Tour ride which I did a couple of Saturdays ago. Having a computer makes it a lot easier to follow the route sheet....:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK so I finally got the wire fixed this morning (we've been pretty soggy here but I had no water prooblems) but haven't put it back on. The jury is still out on maybe leaving it off for a while.

Make sure you send us some sun and Lots of dry weather we have had WAY TOO MUCH water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.