Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on MTBR, they're saying we're dead! I told them that we're just resting.

I know it is supposed to be winter and usually we'd all be hibernating, but take a look outside ... it's sunny and warm! At the moment it seems that we had all our winter between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I guess we'll be back to normal in a week or two.

Anyone else out there riding these days?

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
ukbloke said:
Over on MTBR, they're saying we're dead! I told them that we're just resting.

I know it is supposed to be winter and usually we'd all be hibernating, but take a look outside ... it's sunny and warm! At the moment it seems that we had all our winter between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I guess we'll be back to normal in a week or two.

Anyone else out there riding these days?
Rain, sleet, or snow; I ride to and from work.

Being sick; that's another story.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I spent 10 days in the land of kimchi. Came back this week with some kind of bug so I haven't been riding my usual mileage but I actually feel better while riding than laying in bed. It seems I've lost a ton of form, but I'm hoping it's just because I'm sick.

Oh yeah, one day was -11F windchill over there. It's been gorgeous the past couple of days being back.

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,976 Posts
I'm doing a lot of night riding and riding with kids so trail rides were on deck.

But I have Strava now so watch out asphalt. Makes the routes so interesting!!

fc

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I rode from SF to Point Reyes lighthouse and back on saturday, and from Healdsburg to Napa and back the week before. Very pleasant weather and rides both days.

It's pretty typical to have a few weeks of sunny weather in January or February.

·
Registered
423 Posts
dwgranda said:
Yikes! East side or West side? I don't fear the fall descending 84 so much as I would a following car.
East side.. during commute time, no less. Road was a bit wet so I was trying to take it easy, but still lost the bike on the first right turn. So lucky there were no cars on the other side of the road!

Minor road rash, nearly all healed now, but my ribs have been sore since.

Have much more respect for wet roads now!

·
Naso Unicornis
875 Posts
Was a good weekend for me. Saturday: Toll Gate, Mt. Eden (back side), Redwood Gulch & Hwy 9. Sunday: Old La Honda in 21 minutes. Not the fastest but I havent ridden much, so I was happy. Prius that buzzed me can go to Hell!

Chl

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ratpick said:
Minor road rash, nearly all healed now, but my ribs have been sore since.
Sorry to hear about that - hope you'll be back at full strength soon. It doesn't seem to take much rain to bring up the oil in the road and make it treacherous for road cyclists. Mike from Chain Reactions has often mentioned how slippery 84 can be when damp.

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,976 Posts
ratpick said:
I had a fall descending 84 from Sky Londa - nothing serious but my ribs are still sore so I've been taking it easy. Feel guilty wasting this awesome weather.

So how did it happen? First crash? They say there's two kinds of road riders, those who've crashed and those who haven't.

francis

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.