Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever try to sell some in the RBR classifieds?

I have, and boy do I get of these guys. I get at least 5 fraud emails with each post ... mostly from people with poor grammar and only a basic grasp of the language -- yes, they promise to pay and that funds are coming, yes they're overseas -- golly what a surprise, etc.

I've usually ignored these emails -- simply deleted them ... but, on second thought, is there a way to respond that can make life more difficult? How about leading them on with several emails? Would that just encourage them?

What do you do?

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
sherpa said:
anyone ever try to sell some in the RBR classifieds?

I have, and boy do I get of these guys. I get at least 5 fraud emails with each post ... mostly from people with poor grammar and only a basic grasp of the language -- yes, they promise to pay and that funds are coming, yes they're overseas -- golly what a surprise, etc.

I've usually ignored these emails -- simply deleted them ... but, on second thought, is there a way to respond that can make life more difficult? How about leading them on with several emails? Would that just encourage them?

What do you do?
Check out this website for everything you ever wanted to know about scam baiting.

http://www.419eater.com/

I have done a little myself and while you can derive allot of pleasure out of it don't think you are really doing any good. You will grow tired of it pretty quickly.

Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts