Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a line on sidi ergo 4s? I'm looking for a 43.5 size. XX cycle (used to be, maybe still the best deal out there) isn't carrying 1/2 sizes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Still a good deal but 30% off coupon doesn't apply to stuff that's already marked down at precision. Definitely a shop worth keeping an eye on.

·
HERKWO
726 Posts
Still a good deal but 30% off coupon doesn't apply to stuff that's already marked down at precision. Definitely a shop worth keeping an eye on.
The Sidi Genious 5s are not previously discounted... The code - bikecloset works for 30% off. Final price $189.30 (includes $15 for S&H to my location).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Right you are. I was looking at the 6.6. That's a good deal on the 5 with the 30% off.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The precision bike link has some good deals. The Genius 6.6 @ $199 is better than competitive cyclist's blow out on Genius 6.6 for $240 which I thought wasn't too bad.

The genius 5 with the 30% coupon is very very good. Except I need the higher end 6.6, wire, or Ergo series sidis. I have skinny ass ankles and my heal pulls out without the system that the high end sidis have. I have that little collar on the back of the shoe cranked almost all the way down.

I'm still trying to find a deal on ergo 3 or 4 in size 43.5... I've started to find that my foot swells an my little toe on my right foot chafes against the shoe. Odd that it only started when I moved to California. I have been riding my Ergo 2s from 2007... maybe 2008 for so long and have not noticed until I moved to Cali 2 years ago. Also my Ergo 2s have seen better days and it would be nice to get a new pair.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm still trying to find a deal on ergo 3 or 4 in size 43.5... I've started to find that my foot swells an my little toe on my right foot chafes against the shoe.
Interesting coincidence. Just this weekend, 50km into a 100 km road race that started with a nasty 90 minute climb, I sustained some burning/numbness on the outside of my right small toe. Sidi Genius 5 about 5 years old and still in great shape. Never felt that before but this was a long, hot and very high intensity race. Wonder if the 43.5 is too narrow at least at that level of intensity.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too thought maybe my size 43 Ergo 2 would be too narrow. But a MEGA I think would not help me. I have a low instep, and generally skinny foot. I'm thinking of perhaps going to a full size up to size 44.

According to this fit guide from Wiggle (who now will no longer ship SIDI outside of the UK).

Sidi cycling shoes fitting guide | Wiggle Cycle Guides

"the majority of riders like approximately 5mm of movement in the toe box". If my little toe is touching the toe box (size 43) then in theory if I want 5mm of movement, I should be targeting a size 44. According to the same fit guide, the difference between full sizes is "Sidi full sizes are 6mm different from the next full size"

which is pretty much 5mm...

This is definitely a difficult thing to sort out, as hot swelled feet is not something you can easily try out at a store.

I guess a used once only Sidi ergo 4 would still hold decent value on ebay if a size 44 doesn't work out...?

My hesitation is I wear a size 43 Sidi Dragon 2 for mountain biking and have zero issues even on super hot high intensity rides. But the toe box for a Dragon 2 looks more square rather than slim and streamlined like Ergos...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Good deal if I could get the 30% bikecloset coupon to work. Doesn't seem to be working for me.
Hit them up on the built-in chat plugin on their website and ask for the same deal. Or, just give them a call. Chances are if they're willing to take that profit margin in the past and have the item in stock, they'll do the same deal again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts