Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
check out the podium
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an older steel Dean and I love the ride. It is one size too big and I'm thinking of getting one of their ti frames. They have several flavors, straight gague, butted, with and without carbon stays. I'm not sure which is best for me. I'm 5'11" 185lbs with strong legs thanks to years of hockey. My steel bike flexes quite a bit at the BB, hoping the right Ti bike will be lighter and hopefully no more flexible at the bb.

Anyone out there have one of these puppies and if so, your thoughts on the ride? Thanks...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Dean

I got my El Diente this past summer. Quite pleased with it so far. You may not need it, but I *think* they offer "oversized" tubing as an option--however you may want to email them and double check on that. There are a few reviews of the El Diente on this site as you've probably noted...

·
Done
4,589 Posts
Dean El Diente CTI -- I Dig It

I have had mine for over a year -- no complaints. It's a good bike for a big guy because it is essentially a titanium Cannondale -- large, thin diameter tubing. You can even get them to do a semi-custom with the tube selection and slap in heftier chain stays/down tube, which is what I did. I bought directly from Dean, so working out the details of what I wanted wasn't a problem. The result is very little flex when I sprint (I'm 6', 190 lbs.), comfortable handling, nice smooooth ti ride, and it is nicely made.

For the money, it is a screamin' deal...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.