Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ride DeBernardis out there. Anyone know anything about the company besides they are located in Italy. They do not have a website that I have been able to find. Are they really made in Italy? Are they the Schwinns or Huffys of Italian bikes? Besides being a little heavy, are there any issues with the steel Thron? Any real problems with this bike? Thanks to anyone that has some info.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have/had a DeBernardi. I just recently bought a new frame to replace it. It was a good bike, my first real road bike. The frame was a bit on the hefty side, but it rode very well. Something just feels right about riding a lugged steel frame. The paint was pretty good but the decals were lame, not clearcoated over and kinda screamed cheap. It served me well for several years and many miles though and I always enjoyed riding it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
just took my debernardi for spin yesterday.

fredstaple said:
Does anyone ride DeBernardis out there. Anyone know anything about the company besides they are located in Italy. They do not have a website that I have been able to find. Are they really made in Italy? Are they the Schwinns or Huffys of Italian bikes? Besides being a little heavy, are there any issues with the steel Thron? Any real problems with this bike? Thanks to anyone that has some info.

Actually, it was more than a spin. After 5 hours in the saddle, I reminded myself why I keep my Debernardi Aelle around. I'm using this as my spare while my Trek gets a repaint. Heavy lugged steel. The paint sucks. Chips like crazy. But I've owned it for 10 years and has served me well as my rain bike, spare time trial bike, fixed gear and even spent a season as a cross bike. I bought it online from the now defunct O'neills bike shop in Worcester, Ma. I haven't heard anything about them since.
A nice overall bike if you don't mind bad paint and a hefty weight

·
Undiscovered Cyclist
76 Posts
DeBernardis

fredstaple said:
Does anyone ride DeBernardis out there.
My riding buddy has one, one year now, and loves it. His old ride was a steel Univega, rusty and with a ton of miles on it,but tried and true. The new ride came in below 23 lbs with triple Campy components. I believe his price range was around $1200. Mr. D was the frame the LBS recommended so that he could stay in his price range with steel and improve all around from what he had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts