Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this done? Are they custom decals that you order as a complete and single decal or are they individual letters adhered one at a time? Any suppliers out there? Would like to know your experiences.

thanks

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
very easy to do.

just give a vector file (eps, illutratrator, freehand, etc) to a sign maker who cuts vinly letters.

shouldn't cost much. they can also do the layout for you, if you want.

sherpa said:
How is this done? Are they custom decals that you order as a complete and single decal or are they individual letters adhered one at a time? Any suppliers out there? Would like to know your experiences.

thanks

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
terry b said:
second these guys - I've branded about half my bikes with decals from them.
Also always some on eBay. - TF

·
Registered
438 Posts
Print Your Own

You can get special paper to print your own with an ink jet printer. I think at www. decalpaper.com.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I sold these

I posted this in the classifieds and got a few requests. Actually one guy from California has bought a bunch. Contact me at [email protected] if interested. I can only do single colors and arelimited as to the colors. It is actually a freind of mine that does it for me. He also made some new FSA decals for my cranks.

·
Registered
21,524 Posts
Long's Bicycle Supply

I haven't ordered from them in a few years, but they used to sell white decals in script, and several colors in block letters. I'm not at home and so don't have their address or phone, so you'll just have to Google them. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went a completely different route from everything posted here. I was at the hobby shop one day and saw a kit from Testor what you could print on, cut out, apply to frame. It made custom water slide decals just like for models. I printed out what I wanted, cut it out, applied, let it dry then sprayed a clear coat over it. Clear coat is critical otherwise it will just come off with water. This allows you to make a very clean looking label that isn't raised from the paint and looks as if it was applied at the factory.

http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=2255

1 - 11 of 11 Posts