Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I found two bikes, one at either of my local bike shops, that are in my budget. I have the decision before me of getting a Trek 1.2 or a Giant Defy 3. I'm just getting into road biking, so getting the bike and everything else I need comes to about the same price at either shop. I was hoping I could get opinions on which is a better bike, and what I should get to begin my road biking experience.

-Thanks all.

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
Embrace Equality said:
Hey everyone. I found two bikes, one at either of my local bike shops, that are in my budget. I have the decision before me of getting a Trek 1.2 or a Giant Defy 3. I'm just getting into road biking, so getting the bike and everything else I need comes to about the same price at either shop. I was hoping I could get opinions on which is a better bike, and what I should get to begin my road biking experience.

-Thanks all.
Fit matters most, so if you haven't already done so visit the LBS's, get sized/ fitted and head out on some test rides - on roads and for some duration. Focus on fit/ feel, ride and handling and narrow your choices from there.

The bkes are close in specs but differ slightly in geometry, with the Trek's tilting towards race and the Giant's tilting towards relaxed. Which you prefer will likely be sorted out with the test rides, and I suspect the one that fits best will be the 'better bike' (for you).

As far as what you should get to begin your road biking experience, above all else, get a helmet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.