Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these tires. Im looking to try something new, and on paper these tires look very nice, similar to there tubulars. But I have not been able to find any reviews or opinions on these tires. Has anyone road them?? thoughts comments on them?? I have been riding Michelin Pro race and Vredestein tri-comps for the past two years, so im looking to try something new. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased 3 DedaTRE RS Corsa Classsic tyres for my Bianchi FG Lite - I fitted the two to my wheelset (DT Swiss RR1.1/Campa' Record) with some difficulty, and kept one for spare incase I required it later.

I my experience (and that of only ~500km with these), I am yet to puncture (where I live most people train with Specialized Armadillo's!) and the tires provide good traction*.

I changed the tubes to standard butyl because latex where slowly decreasing in pressure, and found the second time for when I put the tires on to be very easy.

*My one complaint, is the total "area" of the tire's traction; for example, the Michelin Pro 2 Race is quite reassuring (it is like a superbike with cornering!) and you can lean quite dramatically without loss of traction, whereas the RS Corsa almost forces you to right in quite an "upright" position - This could just be a small issue of my own after having a crash over a diesel patch when cornering, but I think not.

I hope this was of some assistance to you, but my advice would be to chose the Michelin Pro 2 Race, despite the fact that in TOUR MAGAZIN (of Germany), the RS Corsa was the clincher tyre with the lowest rolling resistance...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably stick with michelin's or maybe try some vittoria open corsa's, I just have not found anything on the deda tires and that makes me kinda warry. Thanks for your response, at least I know somebody out there bought a pair of these tires. Sounds like there not the worst tires, but it also sounds like there are better alternatives

1 - 3 of 3 Posts