Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to apologize ahead of time if i'm in the wrong forum, but here goes...who knows anything about dedacciai dr03 tubes? appropriate for loaded touring? a framebuilder i'm dealing with suggested this set but i can't seem to find any information on the tolerances or wall thickness. anyone have a clue?

· Registered
228 Posts
I believe that DR03 is Dedacciai's Zero Tre tubing. If so, it is a regular double-butted cromoly. Whether it is suitable for touring will depend on the diameter and wall thickness. You can ask your builder. My Heron Wayfarer touring frames use premium double-butted cromoly with 31.8 mm x 0.9/0.6/0.9 mm downtubes and 28.6 mm x 0.8/0.6/0.8 mm top tubes. This would be stiff enough for loaded touring. If you wanted to carry an extra heavy load, you can go with even thicker tubing, but that is getting hard to find.

· Registered
115 Posts
is it also good for RACING? i'm thinking of just having a custom bike made using Dedacciai Zero Tres tubing. Steel for racing? what do you think?

· Registered
237 Posts
I will presume that you are serious, so...

I will instead recommend the best Dedacciai tubes--EOM 16.5 (or some similar name), or the best Zero tubes, Zero 18MCDV6 H.T. (I have a Somec in this stuff, and the tubes are OS, multishaped, light, and as good as I have ever experienced in steel. Either tubeset would be excellent for racing or just riding.

janix said:
is it also good for RACING? i'm thinking of just having a custom bike made using Dedacciai Zero Tres tubing. Steel for racing? what do you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.