Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where this steel lies in the hierarchy of steel? Is the new Dedacciai Zero Replica the same/just as good as? How would one compare this to 853?
It's a bit ahead of time, but just wondering if I ever upgrade my frame, which route to take. The Kona Haole seems to be a nice frameset that's pretty well priced.

·
Registered
96 Posts
zero tubing is top of the line

zero is top notch tubing.Dedacciai's top end tubeset for years.it is at least the equal to 853.they do now make "less then zero" tubing that has replaced zero at then top of their steel hierarchy.

Scott

·
Registered
248 Posts
have you ridden the Haole?

Peanya said:
Anyone know where this steel lies in the hierarchy of steel? Is the new Dedacciai Zero Replica the same/just as good as? How would one compare this to 853?
It's a bit ahead of time, but just wondering if I ever upgrade my frame, which route to take. The Kona Haole seems to be a nice frameset that's pretty well priced.
Have you had the chance to ride a Haole? Where did you find it? It looks like a nice bike but it seems to be hard to find in the US. A web search shows it seems to be readily available in the UK.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a couple dealers in the Houston area, where I live. I haven't ridden it, just looked on line.

·
Registered
695 Posts
From what I have read Zero Replica is their top of the line tubeset. The specs show it has 200,000 TINSIL STRENGTH. The butting looks pretty standard compared to other brands - 7/4/7.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
I have a custom bike made of Deda Zero that a friend of mine built for me. It rides awesome, is stiff enough, and supple enough to handle Chicago's streets.

Go for it, if you're thinking about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts