Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a pair of rims to build up my new track wheels with, and i'd like something shiny, silver, sharp edged (not flat like the veloc deep v) and semi deep (like cxp33s, but maybe something more interesting). or if anyone knows of something deeper like the old mavic cosmic (from a few years back) wheelset rims that were about five mm deeper than the cxp's that would be awesome. i guess what i really want is 32 hole campy shimals but that's not really floating around out there so...

burly is more important than weight, no matter what it is if it's nicly deep it'll be heavy and i'm ok with that. any suggestions? i work at a bike shop so if someone knows of something in production that would be best, i could get them wholesale. thanks for any help in advance -

- r.

·
Registered
113 Posts
wooden legs said:
or if anyone knows of something deeper like the old mavic cosmic (from a few years back) wheelset rims that were about five mm deeper than the cxp's that would be awesome.
These rims are called Mavic CXP 30 or Mavic CXP 14 (cheaper version without machined sidewalls). Production has stopped some years ago but sometimes they show up at ebay.

A very similar rim is the still made Sun Swift TA1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.