Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First i have a set of AM.classic 420's on my Felt f2c and i believe i have narrowed down the inherent shimy in the bike to the fact that i have a set of wheels that are'nt designed for my 220# 6' 2" semi-gear mashing legs.So with this profound deduecing i have realized it may only be a matter of time before i am scraping myself off the road because of this cool looking wheelset that just can't support my weight in anything other than a simple ride to work and back.So i guess what i'm asking is,what's anyone's experience with these wonder wheels by Deep Velocity and should the AM.420's go to a lighter rider? and also what's up with the AM classic hub's?they are noisey enough to wake the dead.I like my "starfighter" to be stealthy... .The LBS pro-fited me for this 58cm.felt F2c with this wheelset,the fit is nice in the top tube length and overall fitting feels good on the road..........But i still say hummmmm..Thanxs,:cool: :confused:

· Registered
431 Posts
You'll find the Velocity Deep V's much stiffer than the Am's. I'm 6'6" and 220. After sprints last year, my Campy/Reflex rear wheel would need serious truing; it would just bend. In the fall, I swapped out the rims for some Velocity Deep V's and haven't even needed to tweak them a little bit after 2000 miles. Nice feeling to have a sturdy wheel down there. And they feel just as fast.

chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.