Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be trying way too hard but how does one go about deflating a tube that has a Zipp valve extension screwed onto it without completely removing the valve extension?

I want to swap out tires but I don't want to unscrew the valve extension and reapply the teflon tape. There has to be a stupid simply way to do this that I'm just completely overlooking.

Thanks for the help.

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
half a spoke

J Squiggles said:
I must be trying way too hard but how does one go about deflating a tube that has a Zipp valve extension screwed onto it without completely removing the valve extension?

I want to swap out tires but I don't want to unscrew the valve extension and reapply the teflon tape. There has to be a stupid simply way to do this that I'm just completely overlooking.

Thanks for the help.
I have had a slow flat out on the road when using valve extenders, but was unable to go ahead and deflate the tube to get it off. Had to scrounge around where I was to stick something in there. So, now I carry a spoke in my tire bag cut just long enough to poke in there and push the valve down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts