Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to nose around at new bikes...my LBS has a 15 defy advanced 2 leftover in my size...can a 28 fit in the frame and fork? It comes with the 25 but would like to have the option of a 28...thank you and tell me how you like the bike overall!

Also looking at. BMC gran fondo disc and niner rlt 9.....
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The LBS should be willing to try this for you. Surely they have a wheel they can stick on there?

I did this exact thing when I bought my Gran Fondo back in 2014 (asked them to try a wheel with a 28 Conti 4 Season, as that is all I ride anymore). They ended up putting a set of wheels with the 28s on the bike and let me test ride it that way. That was the deal maker for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2015 DefyAdvanced 2 and I like the bike a lot. This is my first carbon fiber bike, so I do not have much to compare it to. The bike feels comfortable to me on the rough roads in my area. I also have a 2011 defy 1 (aluminum) and I like both bike about the same. I do not really find the carbon bike to be significantly more comfortable or faster, just a different feel. I do like the disc brakes for the many short very steep hills in my area. I have not yet tried 28s, but I think I will next time I need new tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts