Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a Madone size 62 in Oktober. The bike would be delivered in december.. than in january...then in feb....
Anybody any idee what is going wrong?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Madone delivery

I attended an in shop trek demo yesterday in Chesapeake, VA. I asked about delivery issues and was told that the problem with Madone and 5900 deliveries is that Shimano is not keeping up with demand from Trek. The Trek rep Dave told me that Trek is Shimano's biggest US customer and that supply of (especially) 10 speed Dura-Ace has been VERY low.

Incredibly, if you had ordered just a frameset or a Project One paintjob, you would probably already have had your bike!

Good luck, hope this helps.

Jim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Madone

I have only ordered the frameset. I seems to be more difficult to get the frameset than the complete bike;

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just got mine

I heard that getting the frame only was going to be delayed, and that most frames were going out as complete bikes. Just picked up my Madone (full bike) today. Wow!!! I hope it rides like my 5900.

·
Registered
19 Posts
how does kestrel have it then

BiknG8r said:
I attended an in shop trek demo yesterday in Chesapeake, VA. I asked about delivery issues and was told that the problem with Madone and 5900 deliveries is that Shimano is not keeping up with demand from Trek. The Trek rep Dave told me that Trek is Shimano's biggest US customer and that supply of (especially) 10 speed Dura-Ace has been VERY low.

Incredibly, if you had ordered just a frameset or a Project One paintjob, you would probably already have had your bike!

Good luck, hope this helps.

Jim
Not to knock on what you said that your rep said. I wanted to get a madone and was told about the delivery problems then the same thing was said about the 5900. It was the fault of shimano. But when I showed interest in a kestrel evoke I was told that I could have it in a week or two with full dura ace 10. The specialized sworks is available in all frame sizes and both dura ace cannondale are available.
my question is what's the real reason for the delays with the treks

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Spoke to Trek rep today

NO DELAYS WITH DURA ACE. Only delays from Shimano are with Ultegra 9spd NOT Dura Ace. Trek only has problems with delivery on Madones due to some fabrication (paint) issues. Not sure who made up the Dura Ace thing, it isn't true. 5900 are readily available and if your shop says otherwise call another shop

·
Registered
343 Posts
Pic of new Madone

Here's a preview pic. I'm trying to decide between Full Campy Record w Carbon Cranks....or keep the 10 speed Dura-Ace. I'm definitely keeping the Campy Full Carbon Hyperon Tubulars.....Also swappping out the 75mm shorty Bontrager stem (came with the 50cm) for 100mm (the right size)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
trauma-md said:
Here's a preview pic. I'm trying to decide between Full Campy Record w Carbon Cranks....or keep the 10 speed Dura-Ace. I'm definitely keeping the Campy Full Carbon Hyperon Tubulars.....Also swappping out the 75mm shorty Bontrager stem (came with the 50cm) for 100mm (the right size)
I have chosen for the campa 3x10. The new Dura ace is only availeble in 2x10

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trauma-md said:
How is it driving????????

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've also ordered a Trek Madone on October 4th, but in size 54. I've also no idea when the bike is coming. It might be, that Europe hasn't the highest priority for Trek. :(

@trauma-md
Nice picture.
Do you have another pictures, to shorten my waiting time? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Week 13, that is still a long time for you :( , i hope my Madone will be delivered at the same time. Then are we both happy. :D

I suspect that my bike is coming later, my dealer has no idea when it comes, that's not a good indicator. :(

by the way
I've ordered the complete bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We finally delivered our first Madone to a customer the other day. It was a 50cm that was ordered with us back in August.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My LBS told me, that my Madone will be delivered in the middle of may 04, after 7-8 months of waiting. :mad:

It seems Trek have a Problem with my Size, i have 54 cm, the dealer told me that some bikes in Switzerland are already delivered, but all in different sizes than mine. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mad-One said:
My LBS told me, that my Madone will be delivered in the middle of may 04, after 7-8 months of waiting. :mad:

It seems Trek have a Problem with my Size, i have 54 cm, the dealer told me that some bikes in Switzerland are already delivered, but all in different sizes than mine. :(
Andr my dealer told me yesterday that my 62 is expected on 22/04. Hoping.....;

·
Registered
5 Posts
MADWAITER said:
Andr my dealer told me yesterday that my 62 is expected on 22/04. Hoping.....;
Hello Maidwaiter,

Do you have your Madone? I'm still waiting for almost 7 months. There's still no News concerning my bike. I hate it. :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Madone

I've got my Madone now 7 weeks. Wonderfull bike.Thake the time to wait, later you will be happy that you didn'd chose for the qiuck deliverly of a 5500.
The design is extremely beautifull, the painting is poor. could be better. :) :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered my Madone Project One 5 weeks ago. Trek told me that it will not arrive until the last week in June. We'll see when it gets here...... :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts