Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of wheel from a company in Great Britian. I ordered them on Monday and according to the tracking system they arrived on Thursday evening in New York. They were supposed to be deliverd to me in Chicago by the US Postal Service. According to USPS tracking my package was sent back to Great Britian by the Chicago Post Office on Sunday as unclaimed. I had the package sent to my office for safety but it would have been undeliverable on Saturday. It does not seem logical that a package would be returned internationally after one delivery attempt. Has anyone else had a experience like this?

· classiquesklassieker
3,113 Posts
Joe the biker said:
I ordered a set of wheel from a company in Great Britian. I ordered them on Monday and according to the tracking system they arrived on Thursday evening in New York. They were supposed to be deliverd to me in Chicago by the US Postal Service. According to USPS tracking my package was sent back to Great Britian by the Chicago Post Office on Sunday as unclaimed. I had the package sent to my office for safety but it would have been undeliverable on Saturday. It does not seem logical that a package would be returned internationally after one delivery attempt. Has anyone else had a experience like this?
It seems to me that the problem is with USPS. Have you contacted them to inquire why it was returned to sender?

I'm sure that a lot of people have had to do some run-around to get their package, but the handful of times I've ordered from abroad the worst I have had to do is to go to the post office twice because the item was on the delivery truck when I was at the post office.

· Registered
5,844 Posts
I've ordered lots of stuff from England and Ireland and never had a problem like that. Usually the carrier -- whether its USPS, FedEx or UPS -- will make several attempts to deliver before returning an item.

· Never Give Up!
1,292 Posts
They usally leave a note on the door (home or office) that an attempt was made and your package is at the post office for pick-up... did they even do that for you?

Sounds like the the USPS driver/delivery person was just being a snot and did want to lug the box around...

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

I spoke to USPS. They said that they never took possession of the package. Something must have gotten messed up in customs. My wheels went back to the UK and are now being resent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.