Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a pair of Contour Plus bibs and need help determining if I need a size medium or large. I'm 5'8", 170 lbs with a 33" waist (ouch) and a 40" chest. It appears from the conflicting size charts I've found that I fall in between the med and lrg. Some posts indicate that DeMarchi runs somewhat small, and others say more like PI. I'm a medium in PI and Sugoi, large in Assos and EtxeOndo, and will gladly take tight fitting over falling bib straps. So, where does DeMarchi fall?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Based on your waist, you are probably a large. I'm a 34 and wear large; but they are tight (in a good way). I'm also 6' though so the bib straps might be a little long on you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a pair of the DeMarchi Contour Plus bibs in large. They are slightly smaller than a Pearl Izumi medium, so I would suggest you get the large.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I would also say you need the large. DeMarchi sizing is similar to Etxe Ondo, Santini and Nalini: typically euro sizes run about 1 size smaller than N. American brands. I wear XL/5 in the brands listed above but L in Sugoi, PI, etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm 5'11", 150 lbs. with a 31" waist.
My DeMarchi Contour bibs, MEDIUM are a comfortable, snug fit on me.

I think your height (5'8") says medium but your waist (33) may say large, I dunno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts