Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a Cannondale CAAD5 R2000 with a dented top tube for a triple build. I'm now wondering if it's worth the build. Anyone out there have dented frame issues. The C-dale. top tubes are suppose to be famous for the problem. ( Handle bars dent the top tube in a crash). I was told it was superficial, but have no experience in these matters. The frame is pristene otherwise. Frame and slice fork for $100!

· "Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Frame and slice fork for 100 bucks? Go for it dude, if all it has is a dent in the top tube. You could always put a Cannondale sticker over it. It be shame to pass up a nice frame like that. If Cannondale can drill holes in it for water bottle/shifter boss mounts I dont think a lousy dent would make any difference

· Registered
19 Posts
For $100 why not?

I'd probably make a fiberglass patch for the tube though. Don't want the frame to fold on you at some point after all. (Don't expect this is an issue but I haven't seen the frame myself.)

· Registered
595 Posts
kingpin said:
I'm considering buying a Cannondale CAAD5 R2000 with a dented top tube for a triple build. I'm now wondering if it's worth the build. Anyone out there have dented frame issues. The C-dale. top tubes are suppose to be famous for the problem. ( Handle bars dent the top tube in a crash). I was told it was superficial, but have no experience in these matters. The frame is pristene otherwise. Frame and slice fork for $100!
if you haven't seen pictures, a "superficial dent" can mean something different to a seller than a buyer.

have it looked at by someone who knows there stuff, or you could be making a serious mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.