Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 hours this afternoon and am looking for ride ideas. Kinda burned out on Lookout Mtn, Morrison, etc. I'd prefer to ride from downtown because driving your car somewhere to ride your bike is retarded.

Anyone have an idea?

·
It's Good For You!
432 Posts
Head down to Chattfield Res (via the bike path) and then west up Deer Creek. Ride High Grade and turn around at the top of the hill and head back. Solid ride!

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
The 470 loop? Bear Creek Lake and around to the res?

All depends on where ya are!

M

·
Registered
46 Posts
JohnHemlock said:
because driving your car somewhere to ride your bike is retarded.

I've never understood this...why is it retarded? If I have three hours to ride and want to ride mountains....why would I waste 45 minutes each way to ride the flats from downtown Denver to Morrison to start climbing? I drive my car to shop, ski, go out to eat, take my kids to school...what is wrong with driving it to ride? If I have unlimited time then sure I could ride my bike to California to ride my bike.....but I don't so......

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
UGASkiDawg said:
I've never understood this...why is it retarded? If I have three hours to ride and want to ride mountains....why would I waste 45 minutes each way to ride the flats from downtown Denver to Morrison to start climbing? I drive my car to shop, ski, go out to eat, take my kids to school...what is wrong with driving it to ride? If I have unlimited time then sure I could ride my bike to California to ride my bike.....but I don't so......
There's other hills on the way to Morrison...

I have a problem driving to go riding too. Why burn gas to do something 'green?' The nicest thing about road riding is hopping out the door and yer on yer way. Its what pretty well stopped my mtn biking in the DC area. Drive to the riding area, ride, drive back and you've killed a day. No thanks.

M

·
Registered
46 Posts
MShaw said:
There's other hills on the way to Morrison...

I have a problem driving to go riding too. Why burn gas to do something 'green?' The nicest thing about road riding is hopping out the door and yer on yer way. Its what pretty well stopped my mtn biking in the DC area. Drive to the riding area, ride, drive back and you've killed a day. No thanks.

M
I ride for exercise and fun not because it's "green". I could care less about whether it's green or not. I thought I made the answer clear as to why I burn gas. My time is worth money much more money than the gas I will burn. I don't want to waste an extra hour or 2 to ride to where I want to ride and back if I can drive there and save time. Sometimes I have all day and want to ride maximum miles and then I will ride to and from the mountains but most days I have limited time and want to climb. There are no climbs between Denver and Morrison....there are some hills but if I want to climb I have to be in the mountains.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Hey, do whatcha want. I'm just sayin that I (and sounds like lots of other guys) don't like to drive to go riding.

Golden out the 70 has hills... Just sayin

M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.