Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
M Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

First post, just found this website after being referred here from mtbreview.com. Anyway, took off my rear wheel to clean the cogset and the derauiller came off in my hand. At first I thought something was broken and my group ride would be toast for Sat. I looked and it is the derauiller hangar screws that are gone completely. I can see the wear makes where they were.

My questions is this. Are these standard size screws that I can get at most bike shops or are these special ordered most of the time. I'm located in San Diego, so hopefully I'll be able to find some before the weekend ride. I'm sure I could find something that would work, but I'd like to find the right ones. It's a Cannondale Black Lightning with Campy Carbon Record.

Thanks, Steven.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Your LBS will sell/can order Cannondale derailleur hangers and screws.
Lowe's has the Loctite.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
If I remeber this correctly, these were just Allen head cap screws holding the hanger onto that cantilevered dropout, not harder-to-find flat head screws that fit flush into a countersink.

If you need a temporary quick fix, you should be able to get two cap screws from any hardware store. Two things to watch for: the thread has to match precisely (probably M3 or M4), and you need to cut off excess length after installation so the protruding screw ends dont interfere with the smallest cog or the chain running on it.

·
M Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a photo of another Cannondale and saw what the look like. You are right about not being too long. That could get messy on a fast descent. Thanks, hopefully I'll find a couple today. Both pictures I found on the internet had only one screw, not two. I can see the wear marks where mine had both in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts