Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my "beater" Derosa Neo Primato in Faema color scheme. The kit is mostly Centaur, with the exception of Record brakes and hubs, and Chorus seatpost. Wheels are laced w/revolution spoke and alloy nipples on the front and non drive, brass nipples on the drive side. This ride i really like, although it's very heavy, almost 20 pounds. Some people love it, others hate it. I just can't get used to the little tubes and that stem looks wrong, so Bill Holland is making me a titanium old school threadless stem w/ 73 degrees. Enjoy.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
You're saying that people hate on that bike?

Something's wrong with them. That bike is seriously worthy of lusting after, and it's your beater. Man, I wish I wasn't so poor.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
"Old school" and "threadless" don't really belong in the same sentence...Seriously nice ride. 20 pounds, heavy? Ha! I am getting old.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Super -

zippi said:
This is my "beater" Derosa Neo Primato in Faema color scheme. The kit is mostly Centaur, with the exception of Record brakes and hubs, and Chorus seatpost. Wheels are laced w/revolution spoke and alloy nipples on the front and non drive, brass nipples on the drive side. This ride i really like, although it's very heavy, almost 20 pounds. Some people love it, others hate it. I just can't get used to the little tubes and that stem looks wrong, so Bill Holland is making me a titanium old school threadless stem w/ 73 degrees. Enjoy.

Very nice - probably a terrific ride as well - you need a San Marco regal saddle in white, silever stem and spacers - and then very nice becomes perfect!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
totally bad ass. Really pretty. Well speced too.

Did you have the seatpost, or is there a place that still has them? I need another one and I can't find one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
beater?

beater??? wow...i almost feel sorry for you. i wish that was my "beater".

zippi said:

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Like everyone else is saying - you must be spoiled as he!! if that's your beater. she's a beauty! am i wrong, or is there one nod to the japanese on it with DA pedals?

zippi said:

·
What the Hell is going on
5,012 Posts
Okay, I'll say it

I'd be willing to take that boat anchor off your hands (if it's a 59)! Seriously!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
That's a great looking bike. 20 pounds!?! I've got shoes that weigh more than that.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Beautiful "beater"

I wish mine was as nice. I too have a nice old lugged steel frame that I call my beater. I really love the ride and it fits me well. My bike is a pig too, twenty one point six pounds, whew, I'm suprised it even rolls at that excessive weight. I can only imagine what your "good bike" looks like. Thanks for the really cool pics.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
"anytime a red steel de rosa is ridden, the world gets a little better..." What a great line. beautiful bike, it's on my wish list. "it's very heavy, almost 20 pounds." i think all of mine are 20 lbs or over. enjoy your good fortune. Alert this forum if you ever put on eBay.......

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
zippi said:
Too bad, it's a 55 cc. But I'll sell it. Seriously.
hey! that's my size! :D

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Zippi

I said this in your last post, you got that look 585 and that beut Moot, How many bikes do you have? And you call that a beater? crap man. If I remember right you had TWO Moots. More power to ya, man. If I had the scrill I'd have some nice steeds too.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you

Phat&SlowVelo said:
I said this in your last post, you got that look 585 and that beut Moot, How many bikes do you have? And you call that a beater? crap man. If I remember right you had TWO Moots. More power to ya, man. If I had the scrill I'd have some nice steeds too.
Thank you. I appreciate the complement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts