Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of a 54 c-c w/54.5cm top tube DeRosa Super Prestige I purchased. The chromed flat fork crown is really pretty, but I didn't realize the bike only has one set of water bottle mounts and I have to have two bottles on my rides.

The color scheme was a special request for the original owner I purchased the bike from. He was a DeRosa dealer in 1984 and wanted the color scheme (it is a gloss black frame with pink panels with white DeRosa letters outlined in black) of the winning jersey in the Giro d'Italia.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Schweeet! ... (That includes both De Rosas.) If you can pull it off, some pink bartape would be the finishing touch. Too bad about the single bottle cage mounts. I had an old Bianchi frame (my first decent road bike) that I finally got rid of after many years (and still regret) that I probably would have kept if it had bottle cage mounts on seat tube as well. Kind of pain riding with just one water bottle, but I guess there are alternatives -- such as a CamelBak or spare bottle in your jersey.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Its entirely too bad I don't need another bike. (did I just say that?!)

This is one awesome Pinarello!

I've told y'all about the Smoke Chrome Pinarello a teammate had in college. Also very droolworthy!

All these old lugged steel frames are the bikes I lusted after while riding my first road bike, a blueberrry C-dale Criterium frame with the blue 105 6-sp group. Mmmmmm Superbe Pro. Mmmmmm C-Record. Mmmmmmmmm chrome lugs. Ahhh memories! (of getting dropped, of BIG hills (and getting dropped on em!), and of learning the ins and outs of pacelines, etc.) Oh, did I mention getting dropped?!

I bought an SLX PDM Concorde after that C-dale. Nice bike, but not in the same 'class' as the Pinarellos, Colnagos, etc. that teammates were riding.

Remind me to tell y'all about Conrad. There's stories! Here's the first: riding up the (flat) road in a polka dot jersey on a Molteni Orange Merckx when everyone knows he can't climb for diddly squat! But BOY HOWDY did he LOOK good!

M

·
Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
That is gorgeous; I am in love with the pink and black.

I'm sure that you already know this, but you can always have a frame builder install a second set of water bottle mounts.

DeRosas are sweet, especially yours.

Thanks,
Tshirt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.