Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up forsale is a never used Design Shine DS-500 Tail-light with 2 mounts for different bikes and addition spare battery pigtail for future use adapting to any non-standard battery. Unit was taken out of box and plugged into external battery and set to Mode #1 but never mounted on a bike or used. Comes with paper work and directions from Design Shine for explanation of use. Cost $233.50 new Jan 2015! NO BATTERY INCLUDED WITH THIS SALE AS YOU WILL NEED EXTERNAL BATTERY SOURCE! $150.00 shipped in ConUS!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interested, but I sent you a message on ebay with questions. Unfortunately, I just saw this today.

I recently registered a new account because my old account (which I used two times) is not accessible as ebay required PW changes in '14 and I never did so (rarely have used over the 17 years or so I've been registered with that account and probably didn't read the e-mail).

I think your account appears legit, but it seems too odd that the one time I used eBay from a different seller years ago, the item was broken and a lot of feedback about ebay in general is not positive. So I'm very wary of using it.

I'm also curious as to why you don't allow returns for this item and if there is simply a "new" or "used" designation for an item, because I don't consider this item to be "new"; but rather "like new".

I'd only be saving about $60 on this combo of items vs. similar combo from DesignShine so I'm not sure it's worth the risk of buying something potentially faulty with a "no returns" policy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered and received the items within a couple of days. So far, so good, as the light appears to be in good shape--just need to get a battery to test it out and put it to good use.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sure its a great light. Wish I would have seen this for sale. Hard to get
on there website. (out of stock) :-(
There were apparently at least two that were sold on eBay in '16. The one I purchased (which has worked great) and this one in November Design shine DS-500 Rechargeable LED Bicycle REAR TAIL LIGHT INCREDIBLY BRIGHT | eBay

May have been an outlier though but it's still worth saving some searches and proceeding from there by checking the selected e-mail (or eBay) often enough.

1.) Try putting DS-500 in quotes as such "DS-500"

2.) When you see the results as such here: "ds-500" | eBay

3.) Proceed to use the exclude operator in that search and continue adding words to exclude items you know you've no interest in. Just try to make sure it's not a term that is very possible to appear in a listing for the item of interest (DS-500), such as say "bright" or "lumens", bike, etc. Here is a search "ds-1300" -ford -siemens -lincoln -motor -airtex -fiat -smp -demon -modernist -wells -switch | eBay

4.) I've not experimented with eBay searches enough, but they don't seem to quite work like Google. For example, I am not sure if you may type in a search that is more encompassing for what you are looking for: (DS-500 OR "design shine" OR "designshine") You may have to create a separate search for each of those key search terms, and exclude the types of items that come up with said search. Seems like eBay, considering there are thousands of items posted, should improve their search.

5.) Save a search and have it send notifications to you when such items matching your search are put up for sale so you're not having to frequent eBay.

I'd definitely recommend you consider the light if safety is of concern to you for daytime riding. It's versatile enough to use at nighttime of course (and can be re-programmed).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Realize this is an old thread, but wanted to chime in here in case anyone else came looking for a used DS-500. Even though I'm not selling any new lights, I still provide service for any of the lights, whether you're the original buyer or not. I haven't heard of a single instance of electronics or LED failure. So far, the worst failure I've seen is a faulty power wire (which is easily fixed), so aside from perhaps a cosmetic issue or two, buying a used DS-500 is a pretty safe bet.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts