Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While looking to install a front brake which is easy on the eyes (being a Campyphile I am partial to cable-free cockpits) and easily detachable (just in case we ever get a velodrome), I came up with this solution. The lever, cable and caliper come off with the turn of their respective 3 bolts. The white housing slides off with the help of the double ended ferrule, leaving only a short piece of black housing under the bar wrap.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
pretty slick! FWIW I ride my own bike at velodromes occasionally and just remove the bars complete w/ the levers and brakes (no need to disconnect cables) and swap in another set of bars...

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
A hinged bar-top lever w/caliper would cut the number of bolts to loosen down to two. Of course, if you are always in the drops, your solution is better.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
That is really clean looking. I couldn't tell that there was a lever from the top view. I don't have much of an issue since I use round tubed bars and can just use a normal brake. It is easy to take off and my whole brake setup is gone with two bolts. Nice and quick for when I'm running late for the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts