Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching Nickelodeon this morning, there was an ad for "Devo 2.0," a CD of these kids covering Devo songs. WTF?!?!?!

Anyway, this was beyond the "Kidsbop" garbage. I began thinking that about that mess as well; kids singing Green Day and Nellie! Can we come up with more wildly inappropriate songs for the next Kidsbop CD? My vote is for "Heresy" by Nine Inch Nails-I am amused by the thought of kids singing "Your God is dead/and noone cares..."

Just a thought...

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
drevelo66 said:
While watching Nickelodeon this morning, there was an ad for "Devo 2.0," a CD of these kids covering Devo songs. WTF?!?!?!

Anyway, this was beyond the "Kidsbop" garbage. I began thinking that about that mess as well; kids singing Green Day and Nellie! Can we come up with more wildly inappropriate songs for the next Kidsbop CD? My vote is for "Heresy" by Nine Inch Nails-I am amused by the thought of kids singing "Your God is dead/and noone cares..."

Just a thought...
"Angel of Death" by Slayer springs to mind. :eek:

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
drevelo66 said:

Just a thought...
Animal by W*A*S*P may be a good candidate.

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
drevelo66 said:

Just a thought...
You do know that Mark Mothersbaugh has an extensive portfolio doing original music for movies and tv shows, including things like Rugrats, right? ;)

I hate those Kidsbop things and anything like them. If the song is appropriate for children, then they can listen to the original artists.

He has actually done way more than I thought:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006205/

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nate said:
You do know that Mark Mothersbaugh has an extensive portfolio doing original music for movies and tv shows, including things like Rugrats, right? ;)

I hate those Kidsbop things and anything like them. If the song is appropriate for children, then they can listen to the original artists.

He has actually done way more than I thought:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006205/
I know that he has done a lot of scoring for television, particularly cartoons-that's cool. But Devo 2.0 suggests to me that he was not in control of the Devo name or the catalogue!

"Animal" is an outstanding selection....

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
drevelo66 said:
My vote is for "Heresy" by Nine Inch Nails-I am amused by the thought of kids singing "Your God is dead/and noone cares..."
I think Reznor would want them to cover the Reverend Brian Warner's objet d'art Cake & Sodomy.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
drevelo66 said:
I know that he has done a lot of scoring for television, particularly cartoons-that's cool. But Devo 2.0 suggests to me that he was not in control of the Devo name or the catalogue!

"Animal" is an outstanding selection....
Well he let Swiffer bastardize "Whip it" so that kind of lets you know how much he values the original integrity of the songs. Kind of fits though--disposable music for the disposable generation. Use it for what you will.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
axolot1 said:
I think Reznor would want them to cover the Reverend Brian Warner's objet d'art Cake & Sodomy.
:p This beats my next selection which would be "So What" by Ministry...

Bocephus-you may be right....Could a McDonald's commercial featuring "Grill You Want" be far behind?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
drevelo66 said:
Bocephus-you may be right....Could a McDonald's commercial featuring "Grill You Want" be far behind?
I read an interview with Mothersbaugh about the Swiffer commercial and they asked him if he considered it selling out or somehow wrong to let them do that to his song and he replied that he thought it was funny and saw nothing wrong with it. He was probably paid well which likely didn't hurt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts