Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this thread for details but the 3rd annual training ride will be May 9th....

We are riding from Fort Worth to Dallas this year

For those not familiar the training ride was born out of the desire to get Dallas and Fort Worth riders together..

The Dallas area riders will board the Trinity Railway Express and take the train to Fort Worth. As a group we will all ride to Dallas on a carefully chosen route... The Fort Worth riders will then take the train home..

It's a great time.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bummer! I'm attending my cousin's graduation from TCU that day. I should have my Bare Knuckle project done by then too. I'll stay posted should the date possibly change. I'll plug this ride for those who are thinking about it. It's a lot of fun!

·
hold my beer n watch this
1,756 Posts
Some of us come across the river to ride it too! Hopefully, there won't be as much "drama" as last year.

I asking for that weekend off, tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Complication; that's mother's day weekend. I doubt the spousal unit will want a weekend away from the boyz on that weekend and I doubt she will want to bring them along while I go on a ride. :(

Flyn G

·
Registered
766 Posts
Cool..... I'm in for this as well... glad I finally checked the forum...

·
Registered
40 Posts
is there a

basic route that has been established? I would like to ride this year and I am almost positive that I can make it.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah..The FTW section is same as the first year...I'll get the map together but here is the route...We leave downtown Fort Worth and take 4th street to Randal Mill, cut up to Highway 10 at Handley Ederville.. Take Highway 10 east to Euless Main and cut over to Airfield Dr...Airfield North/East ot Royal...Royal to Los Colinas and Innergel takes over with the Dallas portion...

I ride this all the time and it's very safe

·
Registered
521 Posts
Posted this in the local fixed gear forum so some of my buddies are interested. I won't say if I'm going or not cause every year something has come up but there is some interest from the fort worth fixed crowd to join if that's cool?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alx said:
Posted this in the local fixed gear forum so some of my buddies are interested. I won't say if I'm going or not cause every year something has come up but there is some interest from the fort worth fixed crowd to join if that's cool?

of course it's fine......the more the merrier

·
Registered
766 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Yeah, it will be at the ITC....I have to check the train arrival time from Dallas but I believe it's 9:15-9:30....
So.... anyone from Dallas catching the train that would want to meet around the WRL area and ride down to union staion?? (I guess most Dallas riders will leave from union station?) Also I've never ridden the TRE... is there anything extra I should know about taking a bike? sorry for the train questions... I can't believe I've never ridden the TRE!!

I looked at the schedule and it looks like a train leaves union station at 8:40 and arrives in Ft. Worth at 9:42.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
pedalruns said:
So.... anyone from Dallas catching the train that would want to meet around the WRL area and ride down to union staion?? (I guess most Dallas riders will leave from union station?) Also I've never ridden the TRE... is there anything extra I should know about taking a bike? sorry for the train questions... I can't believe I've never ridden the TRE!!

I looked at the schedule and it looks like a train leaves union station at 8:40 and arrives in Ft. Worth at 9:42.
I'm in for meeting at WRL and riding downtown. My route to work (downtown) is a piece of cake and takes about 45 minutes to get to Union Station from the lake if you are going easy. If we met and rolled out at 730am at say TeePee Hill, we'd be there in plenty of time to spare to make the train at 840am.

You don't need anything extra for the train and your bike Just buy a premium day pass, load up and you're good to go.

I'll work up the Dallas portion of the route in the next few days and get a link posted. It's pretty straightfoward and is basically the same thing we did last year in reverse.

Has someone PM'd the DFW folks to let them know? Culdeus, ChrisH, Nonsleepingjon, etc.?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
What is the approximate distance on the ride?

I'll be in Dallas for a baby shower on the 9th. If I can finish the ride early enough, I could do both!

·
hold my beer n watch this
1,756 Posts
Y'all have fun now y'hear!

Flyn G

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Loraura said:
What is the approximate distance on the ride?

I'll be in Dallas for a baby shower on the 9th. If I can finish the ride early enough, I could do both!
It usually takes up about 4 hrs not including the train ride.... Where and when is the shower?

We should end at the train station in Dallas around 1:30 to 2:00

1 - 20 of 54 Posts