Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone surprised? Tough to come back into it at 37 and tear it up without help.

Danilo Di Luca Positive For EPO | Cyclingnews.com

Danilo Di Luca has returned a positive test for EPO in an out-of-competition control carried out on April 29, the Monday before the Giro d’Italia began.
Vini Fantini directeur sportif Luca Scinto confirmed the news of Di Luca's positive for EPO to Cyclingnews.

"It's true," Scinto said in a quiet, sad voice. "He's mad, he's a cretino, he needs treatment. There's nothing else to say. We gave him a second chance and the sponsors put their faith in him and this is how he pays us back. It's crazy that a rider thinks they can get away with it like that."

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Best quote from here:

"He (Di Luca) was quoted in the Italian newspaper La Gazzetta on Wednesday morning saying: "Doping is a weakness, period. But it's disappeared from cycling and other sports."

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Best quote from here:

"He (Di Luca) was quoted in the Italian newspaper La Gazzetta on Wednesday morning saying: "Doping is a weakness, period. But it's disappeared from cycling and other sports."
Sure it is.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
He was just flaunting it IMO, way too active in this years race. Idiot.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
But, but ... I thought all doping ended in 2006! :mad2:

How could this happen? The Bio-Passport is supposed to catch these dopers long before they turn up a positive :idea:

As I and several others on this forum have been saying ... though, many try and re-buff it with their showing of lower power levels, climbing speeds, etc. ... the peloton is still using. Anybody really think those ahead of him in the Giro are clean? Seriously?

It's just being done at a slightly lower level which makes it look more believable and is harder to detect. Simple as that.

With that said ... get the racing back on, I'm missing stage 19 due to weather cancellation of the stage!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
He was just flaunting it IMO, way too active in this years race. Idiot.
Then Nibali must be throwing it in peoples faces ... up on the field by 4+ minutes ... the NERVE of some people!!! :mad2:

Then of course the 36 year old Evans destroying Di Luca in the overall ... he must be clean :mad2:

It's not a clean Peloton and the sooner everybody realizes that, the sooner we can all move on and remember ... it's entertainment and it should be taken as such.

·
Daft Punk built my hotrod
2,828 Posts
I haven't been able to watch this year's Giro due to being a cheap skate
You must REALLY be a cheap skate, since watching the Giro is free. :)

DiLuca is such a complete tool. Now the countdown for Santambrogio starts. I don't have much faith in that guy either.

Doping is still rife in cycling, but it only provides "marginal gains." :wink:
Once you have those, the Sky's the limit.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
You must REALLY be a cheap skate, since watching the Giro is free. :)
My work computers have intentionally outdated browsers that don't work well with most of the live feeds. To be honest, watching some race vids totally killed a work computer a few years back.

Even if Santambrogio is clean, DiLuca's efforts changed the outcome of the race.

Anyone notice that DiLuca's positive was from BEFORE the Giro? One would hope that the labs and processes are much quicker.

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
I haven't been able to watch this year's Giro due to being a cheap skate and I really don't have that much free time. Didn't seem like he was flaunting it that bad. 2009 was flaunting it.
And with that whole busy being a good dad to your son and all that.

If you don't have time to watch too much racing for the next plus or minus 18 years, I'm cool with that. Can't say anything bad about a man prioritizing his work and family.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.