Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the Giro on cycling.tv Stage 6 and the commentator mentioned that Di Luca was riding a different lighter bicycle than he had started the Giro with. The bike he rode in the early stages was black carbon, and the bike they were referring to in the program was LPR green. The rest of the team ride Silver. Does anyone know anything about the De Rosa King 3's that Di Luca is riding in the Giro??

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
I wonder if LPR was thinking DdL was going to be a contender for the green jersey and had a bike made up. Not likely, as it's the climber's competition IIRC, but...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Fast Eddie said:
I wonder if LPR was thinking DdL was going to be a contender for the green jersey and had a bike made up. Not likely, as it's the climber's competition IIRC, but...

I think it's just green because they have green in their kit and as the team leader, he gets the opportunity to stand out, much like Ricco's "Il Cobra" Scott.

Sweet bike, regardless.

·
Registered
988 Posts
It is a fact that different colours weigh different - it is a well known fact in the paint industry that Green is lighter than black ... hence the use of racing green by the british auto industry of yesteryears.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
draftdodger said:
The De ROSA King 3 is a beautiful bike.Isn't it??
Dude, the Schwinns and Huffys we grew up on -- with Campagnolo Bora Ultra tubular carbon wheels -- would be beatiful bikes. Those wheels look killer on The Killer.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
uzziefly said:
Bennati also uses a different bike I think.
Actually, no -- Benna is riding a SuperSix like the rest of his team, but his specific bike does have a different paint job and it is custom-made (not stock) to address his long arms/short legs. Velonews.com had an interesting article on this.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I had a King not long ago and indeed they are sweet bikes! Probably mine was not near as trick as what he gets, but for a stage race like the Giro? Probably an almost perfect ride. Italians know what kinda geometry works for killer stages day after day.
Don Hanson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.