Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I perform a multi shift on my rear derailleur (holding down the button to have it shift more than 1 gear) the battery light on the front junction box lights up. Is this supposed to happen? Also, is there anyway to make it stop?

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Holding a shift button down is the way to get the light to come on to check the battery level. Is the light coming on bothersome in some way?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holding a shift button down is the way to get the light to come on to check the battery level. Is the light coming on bothersome in some way?
It's a little bothersome, not a deal breaker in any way. It would be nice to turn it off in the eTube software but I guess there isn't that option.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
I'm not aware of being able to turn that off. I guess it would be nice though. Only other way to check the battery would be to disconnect it and connect it again.

Maybe they could change the battery check to holding down two buttons or something.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You shouldn't be able to see the battery indicator lights with the junction box under the stem, so why should it matter? Just ride.

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
Actually, I was trying to figure out why this light is troubling you. With 5 speed settings (the speed at which it cycles through the multi shift gears) it occurs to me that you could reduce this apparent annoyance to a very short duration. You are not required to hold the lever/switch until the shifting is completed.
Yes. How else would you use multi-shift?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts