Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a Tarmac SL4 with Ultegra Di2, and there is a lot of extra wire slack. Do I shove the extra into the frame, or does anyone have a suggestion such as using tape or twist ties, to take up the slack. I don't want the wires rattling around in there or getting damaged somehow (though this seems unlikely, if they're inside the frame. Thanks!

·
Registered
20,820 Posts
How much extra is a "lot"?
You could always get shorter cables.

I've got extra wire in my seat tube. And the Junction B box is just floating in there. I never notice any rattling.

Just a tip. Not really to resolve your problem. Leave a little loop of wire at each shift lever. Helps keep the plugs from popping out if the wire is too tight and you turn your bars all the way to one side.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
get shorter cables.
I don't have any slack on my Di2 setups.

The official answer though is the little wire tie things they make that clip onto the wires and force them up against a tube wall.

EW-SD50I

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Just a tip. Not really to resolve your problem. Leave a little loop of wire at each shift lever. Helps keep the plugs from popping out if the wire is too tight and you turn your bars all the way to one side.

I learned this lesson the hard way. I also learned that carrying one of those 'useless' Di2 tools in my seatbag is a good idea. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.