Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a pair of the above for a retro project I'm on. I had some as a young'un. They weren't that flash, but it's all about nostalgia. Anyhoo they're going for $160:confused:

Sounds like too much? I think so, you?

One other thought, I assume the brake blocks/housings are specific to the caliper, so once worn out I'm ****ed. If you remember these there's a very specific fitting!

DannyBoy.

·
On your left!
1,301 Posts
Are you building...

up a musem piece, wall art kind of a thing or something to have some fun on?

I'd say the price is not too bad (pretty bad, but check prices on the Shimano Aero's or the Campy Delta's) but having those pads integrated into the design...I'd have to pass.

But they sure are pretty...

What would they be going on? A fully restored 3Renso might warrant these, a restore Italian...Nah, I'd stick with Campy.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to be building up a late 80's Roberts Lo Profile TT bike. You can see it back a week or two in an earlier post of mine. I was after some of these as I had a pair on a Roberts I owned years a go, the lack of replacement brake blocks makes me think it just ain't worth it. Shame as they are quite cool. Totally agree with your Italian comment. In fact I currently have campy on all my bikes!!!!

·
Banned
2,312 Posts
the royal gran comps or gran comps (or was it royal comps? or both?) are another option for a mid-late 80's bike. I do remember a nice red Raleigh bike (Team USA? bike, it was red) that came with the brakes in your picture. Never rode those brakes but the RGC's were beautiful and worked well. One of the first elegant/aero looking brakesets back then. I know that stuff is harder to find as I once was looking for a pair of royal gran comps and like 1 pair seemed to show up every couple months on ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.