Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Canon 450D that isn't working when in use with one of my lenses. The questionable lens is a little 50mm prime, the cheap f1.8 lens. When this lens is on, you depress the shutter and get nothing (the flash will fire, but that's it). When the other lens is on, everything works.

It's under warranty, but I'd like to rule out any simple fixes before I ship it back. I thought you folks might have some advice.

Thanks all,

Alex

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Check the contacts...........wipe them off with a clean cloth.....both on the lens and on the camera.

Len

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
i don't have any info for you right now...but if you make me some palak paneer i will tell you what i know

//good luck - broken cameras suck

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
I've got a Canon 450D that isn't working when in use with one of my lenses. The questionable lens is a little 50mm prime, the cheap f1.8 lens. When this lens is on, you depress the shutter and get nothing (the flash will fire, but that's it). When the other lens is on, everything works.

It's under warranty, but I'd like to rule out any simple fixes before I ship it back. I thought you folks might have some advice.

Thanks all,

Alex
The 50 1.8 is disposable, throw it away and buy a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts