Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Diamondback Podium Cyclocross

Greetings,
I am curious what the value of a ~2001 Diamondback Podium cyclocross bike might be.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge?

It is the frame and fork (with disk brake mounts) and wheelset.

The wheelset appears to be Mavic rims (no eyelets) and no name disk hubs. I would probably want to run my road wheels on it, but they are spaced at 130mm. Can I simply put a 135mm axle and spacer in and be okay (rear only)?

The frameset has little to no use, and also includes bars, stem, headset, seat, seatpost, seatpost clamp.

I just wanted to get an opinion and an input on the value.

TIA

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
transplant said:
The wheelset appears to be Mavic rims (no eyelets) and no name disk hubs. I would probably want to run my road wheels on it, but they are spaced at 130mm. Can I simply put a 135mm axle and spacer in and be okay (rear only)?
As long as you are running rim brakes and the wheel is still centered, you should be okay.

If you aren't looking to use discs, I'd suggest looking around for a 130 spaced frame instead. It will make swapping wheels a snap. Having to replace the axel and respace it every time you want to get a new wheelset seems like a bother.

First rule of used bike stuff -- something just as good or better will come along in no time if you have patience.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
transplant said:
Greetings,
I am curious what the value of a ~2001 Diamondback Podium cyclocross bike might be.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge?

It is the frame and fork (with disk brake mounts) and wheelset.

The frameset has little to no use, and also includes bars, stem, headset, seat, seatpost, seatpost clamp.

I just wanted to get an opinion and an input on the value.

TIA

Size matters... some are more in demand than others, although the difference prob ain't much. A couple hundred or so would be my guess. IIRC it's aluminum, so you don't really want to monkey around with spacing/cold-setting too much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Size is a 57 toptube. It fits me perfect, I was just wondering what to offer.

No dents, scratches and it hardly looks ridden

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
transplant said:
Size is a 57 toptube. It fits me perfect, I was just wondering what to offer.

No dents, scratches and it hardly looks ridden
$50? It isn't the perfect frame for you so why offer much money? I think you will regret getting a 135 spaced frame if you aren't bothering to run discs.

YMMV

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't planning on running disks now since I have a perfectly good set of cantilevers to put on it. However in the future I may want to switch to disks.

p.s. I had to look up what YMMV meant :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts