Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
That link is not complete/current for whatever reason. I mean the link you did (pro) is the same one I get but, when you select OPEN a lot more pro riders show up. Bring it up only because I just rode with one of his team mates today and he wasn't listed along with several others I'm familiar with locally. Not that it matters but HERE is the open list.

Anyways, these guys are truly amazing. Even if I was young and willing no way could I do what they do. Crit racing is definitely a unique skill imo.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That link is not complete/current for whatever reason. I mean the link you did (pro) is the same one I get but, when you select OPEN a lot more pro riders show up. Bring it up only because I just rode with one of his team mates today and he wasn't listed along with several others I'm familiar with locally. Not that it matters but HERE is the open list.

Anyways, these guys are truly amazing. Even if I was young and willing no way could I do what they do. Crit racing is definitely a unique skill imo.
I think you can expand or narrow the scope as much as you like. I was just focused on the Pro riders/rankings mentioned in the article, but you are correct, there are more expansive and up to date lists on the site.

The pro list has just been updated as well. Jus Williams is now #2 and his brother Corey is now #4. Murphy slides into #3.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I think you can expand or narrow the scope as much as you like. I was just focused on the Pro riders/rankings mentioned in the article, but you are correct, there are more expansive and up to date lists on the site.

The pro list has just been updated as well. Jus Williams is now #2 and his brother Corey is now #4. Murphy slides into #3.
Yep it's not important. What's important is these guys are bad*****.

I thought you had entered a crit or two, no? If not, jump in. They are really fun and sure make me feel alive!

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep it's not important. What's important is these guys are bad*****.

I thought you had entered a crit or two, no? If not, jump in. They are really fun and sure make me feel alive!
My first race is Saturday :eek: Thanks!

If it goes well, I am going to put a calendar and training plan together for next season. I think I am already in emotionally FWIW....

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, they are all the real freaking deal. I have seen lots of video of Jus and Cory (aka Nation's #1 Beast- on social media) and a little bit of some of the other guys and they are freaking amazing, so fast.... I can't really find anything on the #1 ranked guy, but I'm sure he's no joke either.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Oh, they are all the real freaking deal. I have seen lots of video of Jus and Cory (aka Nation's #1 Beast- on social media) and a little bit of some of the other guys and they are freaking amazing, so fast.... I can't really find anything on the #1 ranked guy, but I'm sure he's no joke either.
Yes I've raced in races with them before.

Just an FYI as you are going to get into this...The ranking system isn't black and white. It's a very imperfect general system.

For example, Travis McCabe may not race any USAC races and his points lapse. Guys like me could easily be ranked "above" Travis but, clearly not even in the same galaxy as far as ability/genetics/fitness goes. By imperfect I mean it's sort of like the category system here in the USA. Someone who is a cat 2 or 1 may get crushed by a cat 4 etc...it means virtually zero as far as fitness/how they race etc...

Not sure what function the ranking system fulfills? I think they designed it to stimulate race entries but, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I've raced in races with them before.

Just an FYI as you are going to get into this...The ranking system isn't black and white. It's a very imperfect general system.

For example, Travis McCabe may not race any USAC races and his points lapse. Guys like me could easily be ranked "above" Travis but, clearly not even in the same galaxy as far as ability/genetics/fitness goes. By imperfect I mean it's sort of like the category system here in the USA. Someone who is a cat 2 or 1 may get crushed by a cat 4 etc...it means virtually zero as far as fitness/how they race etc...

Not sure what function the ranking system fulfills? I think they designed it to stimulate race entries but, I'm not sure.
Cool, as a fan the rankings don't mean a ton to me right now, to be honest, just like I don't pay much attention to the UCI World Tour Standings. I only mentioned them due to the article. I primarily watch all pro racing to see who wins and podiums. Just watched a crazy video on the Red Hook Crit Series from this year. That looks nutso!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Cool, as a fan the rankings don't mean a ton to me right now, to be honest, just like I don't pay much attention to the UCI World Tour Standings. I only mentioned them due to the article. I primarily watch all pro racing to see who wins and podiums. Just watched a crazy video on the Red Hook Crit Series from this year. That looks nutso!
Agreed! With that said I've always wanted to get on the track. Lots of friends are into it so no good reason other than there's no track here in AZ. Every dude who rides fixed is a better/stronger rider for it though. Something to consider...

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed! With that said I've always wanted to get on the track. Lots of friends are into it so no good reason other than there's no track here in AZ. Every dude who rides fixed is a better/stronger rider for it though. Something to consider...
We have a track here. It's an outdoor concrete track that has it's own scene. I might check it out at some point but this whole crit thing is enough for me for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts