Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Maybe? Funny how many thought Roberto has clean and innocent!
Now the team manager is busted. I wonder if the team riders will be checked even further.

It's just sad. It shows like majority of ALL sports, drugs and doping IS involved!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
I don't know if Heras squealed, even while doping is a crime in Spain there's no plea bargain culture in mainland Europe so he has little to gain from such an action although he might act out of spite. Even so, if Heras was doping under Saiz he never performed as well as he did when riding for US postal so Saiz must be really crap at it.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Wire taps. They got this ring the same way they got Museeuw and Landuyt's ring.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Manzano fingered Fuentes a while ago. I would think if anything that's where this investigation started.
I read that the investigation started when empty blood bags, transfusion supplies, and other doping paraphanalia was found at hotels that pro cycling teams had stayed at. Perhaps it was stuff that was found during last year's Vuelta.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
I read that the investigation started when empty blood bags, transfusion supplies, and other doping paraphanalia was found at hotels that pro cycling teams had stayed at. Perhaps it was stuff that was found during last year's Vuelta.
This Saiz guy looks like (from all the threads and articles) he had a systematic drug operation for riders. If so, it must not be a very good system as Liberty Seguras hasn't won anything big (san Heras who denies taking drugs) that I can recall or know of. (I'm sure somebody will correct me...feel free to on the results of the team).

Now that this whole case has come to light, I'm now believing Heras was the focus of his system. If that's the case, then Saiz's system worked brillantly as it delivered a Grand Tour win.

Bottom line, this whole drug thing in cycling is getting pretty old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.