Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in the Pinarello board but did not get much feedback, so here it goes.

The Paris and Dogma geometries shown at the link below seem to be different from what they used to be (for example the 52 used to have 53.7cm toptube). So can someone confirm that they indeed revamped their sizes?

http://pinarello.com/else/scheda.pdf

Also are they still using the measurement for their sizes that's about 1cm more than the true c-c measurement?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I take that as a "yes" (since the current 52 has a 54 toptube)?

How about the second question? Where are the fit Gurus on the board?

hairscrambled said:
Pinnarello 52cm frames have had a 53.7cm toptube for quite a few years - at least since the original Prince.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
does it matter??

If you have the geometry table, what else do you need to know if the frame will fit? All I need is the TT length, the STA and the head tube length. If the TT is horizontal, I'd like the standover height. If the TT slopes, I'd like the actual length of the entire seat tube.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It matters because I want to figure out how Pinarello measures their frames.

I ordered a Prince from LaBicicletta in 2004 and they sent me the wrong size because Pinarello sizes aren't truly c-c sizes (although they are claimed to be c-c). They finally agreed the measurement was off and refunded me. But it was several weeks of anticipation, and hours on the phone that could have been avoided, if people were clear about how Pinarello's sizes were measured.

C-40 said:
If you have the geometry table, what else do you need to know if the frame will fit? All I need is the TT length, the STA and the head tube length. If the TT is horizontal, I'd like the standover height. If the TT slopes, I'd like the actual length of the entire seat tube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.