Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It feels like it.

Ever since I took a long semi hard ride the other afternoon. I rode about 15 miles to a buddies and then we rode at a pretty easy pace for a couple hours.

Then I turned it up and rode back home the 15 miles, spending nearly the whole time at or slightly above my LT.

Later on, I was mainly thinking about my sore legs and did not give much thought to the stomach pains that developed as soon as I started eating dinner that night.

But since then any meal bigger than a cup of coffee and an apple makes my stomach angry. It feels like my actual abdominal muscles are sore from 1000 crunches but I am assuming the pains are really deeper in there.

I went to go for a ride this afternoon but any jerky movements give me a bit of a headache. I have experienced that before after a long (3 hour) motorcycle race, where I am so beat that I just need to be still. But this is different because I feel normal all day unless I eat or make sudden movements.

Anyone have an idea what is going on here?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Judging by the lack of response and general attitude in here, I have determined, it was one of YOU who poisoned me.

Watch your backs!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stomach pain is about a 4 with 0 being sitting in a hot tub with three girls that are real close friends, and 10 being the time I almost ripped my arm off.

Three days later and I woke up this morning with tight/sore abs.

The head stuff is hard to describe.

And I trust RBR folk more than doctors. Honestly. I have seen way too many ER's and most of them suck donkey balls.

·
waterproof*
41,610 Posts
just take it easy... my guess is you over did it, got dehydrated and perhaps got a bit of a stomach bug while in your weakened state.

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
:8: Well, at least you didn't wake up to a pounding sensastion in your arse...

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Danimal said:
Stomach pains and headache 3 days after what sounds like a hard 60-70 miler? Go to a doctor!

Dan
heat exhaustion?

where is the original poster located? there is a heat wave going on in the mid atlantic/north east.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it was hot. I am in Mississippi. But I drank two bottles of water. maybe I needed more. I am feeling a good bit better now. Maybe it was the hard work and something I ate together that did it. I just have no way of knowing what it was that caused the problem. I gave up Red Bulls a few years ago. That **** is the devil.

Last night I ate a decent size meal and only had slight discomfort afterwards. For the first couple days it was really painful.

I have continued to work out, light rowing mostly, but I do feel better.

If I wake up with a sore butthole you guys will not hear about it.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bas said:

Don't mention it. I like to contribute in any way I can. It is easy when the contibution is made by not contributing.

And really, please, do not mention it.

Okay I have a funny story to tell.

A few years back when my younger brother and I worked in a warehouse together, we went to work one Monday morning after a Sunday off road motorcycle race that was exceptionally gruelling.

I had mentioned Sunday night that my freaking ass was sore from all the sitting down riding in mud and ruts.

So little bro and I are passing each other on fork lifts when he stops me and says , over the engine noise, is your butt still hurting? Because my balls are killing me.

I spent the rest of the day telling the story to everyone I came across just to make sure no one over heard and got the wrong idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts