Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor Suzue was going out of business. Anyone else hear about this?

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
The most recent Rivendell Reader (#37) says that Suzue is making a last manufacturing run in Japan before moving production to China. From this I take it that Suzue will continue, but production is moving.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
PdxMark said:
The most recent Rivendell Reader (#37) says that Suzue is making a last manufacturing run in Japan before moving production to China. From this I take it that Suzue will continue, but production is moving.
In other words, Suzue will henceforth be "cheap Chinese crap"?

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Dave_Stohler said:
In other words, Suzue will henceforth be "cheap Chinese crap"?
An unfair conclusion. Chinese manufacturers are capable of making world class stuff, but the variability in quality from different Chinese vendors is a problem.

If Suzue does it right, their Chinese stuff could well be as good as the Japanese stuff was.

- FBB

·
Registered
704 Posts
There's also another advantage of moving production to China.

Once the drawings get into a factory, that factory, or the other one owned by the owners, will be easily able to make copies of XXXX (insert favourite stuff here) and 'consumers' will be able to consume cheap ripoff imitiations, and then come here to fuss about how c#@p the stuff is, even if was cheaper than the originals.

But you'd think a country that could copy a Mig jet fighter could manage to rip off a bike wheel hub decently at any price :)

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts