Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Tarmac SL and I was wondering if anyone knows the changes made/differences between my bike and the 2009 Pro SL2. I know that the 09 has Ultegra brakes, not Dura Ace and I know that they are both made of 10r carbon how much different are they?

So if you know of any more changes please let me know. Could be weight wise, stiffness of the frame....

Thanks,

Jimmy

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
I just bought a 2008.5 Pro SL2 from my LBS a week ago for less than $5k. Based on what I've been reading, I'm guessing that it's the same bike as the 2009 Pro. The frame has the same tube shape & geometry as the S-Worls SL2 with the 1.5" lower bearing in the headtube and the beefed-up rear end (triangulated upper seatstays and taller chainstays). The difference is the Pro is made from10R Carbon instead of the S-Work's 11R.
My 52cm frame weighs 16.20 lbs with pedals, computer and a bottle cage.

If you want to read about the diferences between the S-Works SL2 and the 2007 SL, go to
http://thisjustin.bicycling.com/2007/06/first-look-2008.html

RIde-On!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.