Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
From what I can tell, it seems like the main difference is just the outer cosmetic carbon layer, which is 12K on the FP5 and 3K on the 4:13. This would only be noticed on the non-painted parts of the frame - I do not believe it would impact ride quality. I also think the FP5 only comes as a built bike with Dura-Ace and the Pinarello MOST parts (including the crank and wheels). I got most of this info from Competitive Cyclist, which is also showing the FP5 reduced to $2,750, which seems like an awesome price for a Pinarello if you can live with the build - they list the F4:13 frame only price at $2,700.

I have a Paris, but there are other posts on the 4:13 and FP5 here - everyone seems to be pretty happy with their rides. At $2,750 you wouldn't even have to feel that guilty about the price. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Minone

I don't really know what the difference is in the frames. I have heard the same thing, that is cosmetic on the top tube. I would say that for that price, if the frame is very similar to the F4:13, you can't go wrong, I have an F4:13, and love it. Great frame. I have seen the F5 for about that price, and while some of the components are just OK, that is a deal for that frame.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bianchi67 said:
As stated above, the top waive is different. I also read somewhere that the FP5 is finished in asia while the f4:13 is finished in Italy. Both are molded the same in Asia.

When you say finished, parts build up, paint?? Is the F4:13 worth the extra cost whatever it may be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only problem is that the F4:13 gets expensive. I got mine with Chorus and Mavic SL3'S. I took the carbon bars, stem, seat and post from my old bike. Do I think it is worth the extra money? Yes, I do. But we are talking about $1,500 - $2,000 more than the FP5 with the package you mentioned. I guess it depends what you are looking for from the bike,and what you will be using it for. I Still think that is a heck of a deal to get that frame with decent components for less than 3k. I can't really comment on the MOST stuff, I dont have any expierience with them. The problem I have with bikes is it always seems easy to justify spending more money!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
fp5

I bought one on ebay a month ago and I love it. A large portion on the build is kinda cheap and doesn't do the frame justice IMHO. Wheels, seat, and some of the drive train hadda go. It's all relative, but when the frame and some of the components in the build are so nice it's tough to leave the third tier bits on it. There is a nice side to this: bare bones you're getting a great frame and Dura Ace shifters and derailluers for a great price. I got mine on ebay new for $2500. Once I had the bike (no BS) with some serious bargain hunting my build was: DA cranks, DA cassette, Wipperman stainless chain and a set of slightly used Ksyrium ES's and I still haden't hit $3500. One other thing to note is that for some dumb reason pinarellos (mostly) have 31mm seat tubes so finding a better one (which the bike needs) is dang near impossible (basically I think you're stuck finding another pinarello carbon post from a prince or paris. . .

Cheers

AK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.